[Qgis-user] Mapfile Tools

Derrick Frese Frese at wapa.gov
Mon Jun 27 14:55:09 PDT 2011

Hi Richard,

I've downloaded the sources and see a bunch of python scripts.  I'm running QGIS 1.6.0 on Windows XP.  Is there a way to point to these files that are stored locally to install the Mapfile Tools?  Also, is python-mapscript something I need to download or a setting to turn on in QGIS? Not familiar with it.

Thank you for your help.

Derrick

On 06/27/2011 09:29 PM, Derrick Frese wrote:
> New to the user list, so don't know if this has been mentioned before....  I get an error when trying to install the Mapfile Tools plugin.  I would really like to be able to check this out.  Any idea of this will be fixed, ways to get around the problem, etc..?

Hi Derrick,

you can find sources:

https://github.com/sourcepole/qgis-mapfile-tools

One of the authors is Pirmin Kalberer which is seen on this list pretty
often also...
One of the things that you really have to have for this plugin to work
is python-mapscript.

Depending on your Operating System or installation type this is
installed in different ways.

So please be a little more specific:
- which version/OS
- what is the problem

This makes it easier to provide help or suggestions,

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde