[Qgis-user] Re: Bookmarks

Alister Hood alister.hood at synergine.com
Mon Jun 27 18:13:47 PDT 2011

Ah.

 -----Original Message-----

Looks like it is a sqlite file, but not a spatialite file :)
I was wondering what I could open it with... QGIS of course!

> To replicate the bookmarks to another machine just copy that file into
the
> correct position on the new machine. Restart Qgis. That worked fine.

Yes, but this will wipe out some other settings as well, as the file doe
not only include bookmarks.
But what I can do is open the bookmarks table from qgis.db, open the
attribute table, and select and copy all the rows.
Then I can open the bookmarks table from qgis.db on the target computer,
toggle editing and do "Edit-Paste features".

> After I did that I also worked to try to set up a bit different sort.
> exported the tbl_bookmarks table to CSV the sort and re-index and
re-import,
> but that added some kind of character in front of the xmin field which
trhew
> all references off. I used MS Excel 2010 to do the csv work so there
is
> probably a glitch in the csv format between Excel and Spatialite that
added the
> extra character.  After the re-import to a new table all one has to do
is use
> the Spatialite sql query builder to rename the tables.  After the
updates are
> finished you must restart Qgis.
>
> I think that if the extra character were not there it csv export,
update, re-
> import would have worked fine.
>
> I will try doing it in MS Access to see if I can get a cleaner set of
records.

> So I went to the spatialite gui and set up a set of update queries to
allow me
> to update names and thus to be able to sort on the name field in the
Bookmark

<alister.hood at synergine.com>

<wylie1066 at gmail.com>
> 	wrote:
> 	>
> 	> > I understand that bookmarks are global at present and that
they are
> 	> > available to all projects.  I would like to / need to have
the
> 	ability to
> 	> > copy the bookmarks from one installation to another so all
those on
> 	the
> 	> > project can use the same bookmarks.
> 	> >
> 	> > I saw some discussion on this from several months ago but it
didn't
> 	seem to
> 	> > be resolved at that time.
> 	> >
> 	> > Is that possible?  Is there a way to save them / export /
import
> 	them to
> 	> > get them to the second machine???
> 	> >