[Qgis-user] UMN Mapserver & PostgreSQL-PostGIS - Fails to draw layers

Barend Köbben kobben at itc.nl
Wed May 18 00:02:07 PDT 2011

It might be as simple as not having a COLOR in your REGION style.

So change:

STYLE
   WIDTH 1
   OUTLINECOLOR 100 0 0
END

to:

STYLE
   WIDTH 1
   OUTLINECOLOR 100 0 0
   COLOR 0 255 0
END

...and see what happens.

Yours,

--
Barend Köbben
ITC - University of Twente, Faculty of Geo-Information

On 18-05-11 08:28, "Langen Mallya" <cutlan at gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi everybody,
>

>I have a question about MapServer and PostGIS.
>

>Im working on a project which involves OpenSource. I have managed to plot
>nearly all layers except three. after 1 month of trying there is no hope
>for these 3 layers to display, but the layers are loaded well in QGIS.
>

>I have tried to delete the layers and load it again in the server, still
>the same problem.
>

>see the mapserver layer code below and for regions(fails to display) &
>Intl. boundaries (Display well)
>

>#=============================================================
>

>  LAYER
>    NAME 'Region'
>    TYPE POLYGON
>    DUMP true
>    TEMPLATE fooOnlyForWMSGetFeatureInfo
>  EXTENT 24.162085 -12.027731 45.340160 -0.726251
>    CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
>    CONNECTION "dbname='ttaf' host=127.0.0.1 port=5432 user='XXXXXXX'
>password='XXXXXXX' sslmode=disable"
>    DATA "the_geom FROM Regions"
>    METADATA
>      'ows_title' 'Region'
>    END
>    STATUS OFF
>    TRANSPARENCY 100
>    PROJECTION
>    'proj=longlat'
>    'ellps=WGS84'
>    'datum=WGS84'
>    'no_defs'
>    END
>    CLASS
>       NAME 'Region'
>       STYLE
>         WIDTH 1
>         OUTLINECOLOR 100 0 0
>       END
>    END
>  END
>

>#=============================================================
>

>  LAYER
>    NAME 'Intl._Boundary'
>    TYPE POLYGON
>    DUMP true
>    TEMPLATE fooOnlyForWMSGetFeatureInfo
>  EXTENT 24.162085 -12.027731 45.340160 -0.726251
>    CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
>    CONNECTION "dbname='ttaf' host=127.0.0.1 port=5432 user='XXXXXXX'
>password='XXXXXXXXX' sslmode=disable"
>    DATA 'the_geom FROM tzbord'
>    METADATA
>      'ows_title' 'Intl._Boundary'
>    END
>    STATUS OFF
>    TRANSPARENCY 100
>    PROJECTION
>    'proj=longlat'
>    'ellps=WGS84'
>    'datum=WGS84'
>    'no_defs'
>    END
>    CLASS
>       NAME 'Intl. Boundary'
>       STYLE
>         WIDTH 2
>         OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
>       END
>    END
>  END

> [...]

Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (ITC)
University of Twente
Chamber of Commerce: 501305360000

E-mail disclaimer
The information in this e-mail, including any attachments, is intended for the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or action in relation to the content of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail by mistake, please delete the message and any attachment and inform the sender by return e-mail. ITC accepts no liability for any error or omission in the message content or for damage of any kind that may arise as a result of e-mail transmission.