[Qgis-user] UMN Mapserver & PostgreSQL-PostGIS - Fails to draw layers

pcreso at pcreso.com pcreso at pcreso.com
Wed May 18 00:14:43 PDT 2011

Hi,

Probably more appropriate in the postgis or mapserver lists...

Postgres doesn't like table or column names in upper case. In such cases they need to be wrapped in double quotes to prevent them being converted to lower case.

Try a slightly different DATA statement:
    DATA 'the_geom FROM "Regions"'
or
    DATA 'the_geom FROM (select * from "Regions") as myquery using unique gid using srid=4326'

As this is a QFGIS list :-)

I find that opening the layer in QGIS & looking at the metadata for the layer, it will give you query string. Change GetFeature to GetMap & paste it into your browser. You'll see the mapserver error message. Or look in the mapserver logs if you have error logging enabled.

HTH,

  Brent Wood

--- On Wed, 5/18/11,