[Qgis-user] Australian GDA94 and UTM zones

Matt Boyd mattslists at gmail.com
Wed May 18 04:30:11 PDT 2011

Hi Group,
I'm having some trouble getting my head around how to set up a project
that covers multiple UTM zones. What projection do people use when
they need to cover multiple zones? I also use some industry specific
software and other users of that software are suggesting I use one UTM
zone and force the zones either side to work in that crs. Given the
issues I've had using data where people have done this sort of thing
I'd like to avoid it and do it a right, or at least consistently wrong
way.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Matt