[Qgis-user] Re: QGIS Actions and relative path

iomeneandrei aborruso at tin.it
Wed May 18 14:48:39 PDT 2011

Dear all,
I have solved with this Python Action:
from os import startfile;
proj = QgsProject.instance();

# set a variable with the URI of my project file
UriFile = str(proj.fileName());

# set a variable with the values read from my layer table
img = '%RelativePath';

# set a variable with the path of my project file
Path = str(os.path.dirname(UriFile));

# run my file with the system predefined application for that file
startfile(Path+img);

I insert it in a QGIS action in a single line:
from os import startfile; proj = QgsProject.instance(); UriFile =
str(proj.fileName()); img = '%RelativePath'; Path =
str(os.path.dirname(UriFile)); startfile(Path+img);

My project path is "c:/tmp/proj/test1.qgs'.

This is an example value of my path field: "/img/mia_faccia.jpg"

This are my file/folder structure:
- /root of the project
-- /img
--- mia_faccia.jpg
-- test1.qgs

I have tested it and it runs. I have Quantum GIS 1.6 for windows

Best regards,

-----
Andrea Borruso

email: aborruso at tin.it