[Qgis-user] scale based display

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Tue May 24 00:23:46 PDT 2011

On 05/24/2011 03:24 AM, Chuck Young wrote:
> I sent an earlier request for help using the scale based display of
> labels and I think I figured it out but still would appreciate any ideas
> on its use.

Hi Chuck,

just tried the scale dependent labeling here, and for me in both new and
old symbology it works fine...
It is in the Layer properties dialog in the Labels tab (sometimes a
little hidden just below the Placement part.

Can you give a little more information: like what is your project
projection, and the srs for your data? Are they both defined ok in your
qgis project (without that set the right values, scale numbers would
just not be good below the map anyway).
Are you maybe using on the fly projection?

You say you think you figured it out, what is still missing then?

If this is not working, maybe you can try to work with the rulebase
symbolisation (only in 'new symbology').

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde