[Qgis-user] scale based display

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Tue May 24 22:43:36 PDT 2011

On 05/24/2011 09:13 PM, Chuck Young wrote:
> The project Projection is:
> NAD83 / UTM Zone 12
> +proj=utm +zone=12 +ellps=GRS80 +datum=NAD83 +units=m +no_defs
>
> I have reprojected all layers to this datum.
>
> I started with a raster layer from Landsat in the above projection.  I
> downloaded and reprojected, to the same projection, the Tiger files for
> my county.
>
> All layers seem to load correctly.
>
> Just to be sure I have set the Options > CRS "Default Coordinate
> Reference System" setting to the third option and that is set to the
> same projection [+proj=utm +zone=12 +ellps=GRS80 +datum=NAD83 +units=m
> +no_defs].
>
> I am unsure what you refer to by "srs".  Sorry.
>
> When I tried the scale dependent setting, I accessed it through the
> [ABC] Labeling toolbar icon.  then checked the enabled box in the scale
> based labeling section.
>
> I am unsure what else is possible with the scale based display so I only
> was thinking if there is some nifty thing that I may not be aware of you
> might point me toward the tool.

Hi,

First thing I noticed, is that I never used the [ABC] labeling toolbar
icon.... I always do labeling via the Properties of a Layer (choosing
properties in the Layers/Legend).
That one is working...

The other one (I think) is a newer more advanced labeling engine,
apparently not yet working (I noticed it was not working together with
the labeling I had with one other layer...) I will ask questions about
this on the dev list.

For you, for now:
- please forget the [ABC]-button and label via the properties/label tab
(that one is working)
- be aware that you have to have both your qgis-project AND the initial
data projections set correctly
- If that is still not working, can you sent me some small test data set
offlist?

- srs = spatial reference system = projection/datum

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde