[Qgis-user] Print file

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Tue May 24 11:49:25 PDT 2011

Hi,

On Tue, 2011-05-24 at 11:46 -0700, Chuck Young wrote:
> My question is this:  How can I get a PDF file or any other printable
> file from QGIS.  I have tried quick print, and all the other utilities
> I can find and still can get nothing that I can take to the printer.
> I have to be able to get a wall map and several smaller maps from the
> data I have created in QGIS.

try one of the latest versions of qgis, if not already. The print
composer advanced quite a lot and many issues were fixed.

I use to show that on a quite old computer it is possible to print A0
layout as PDF with high resolution raster as base maps in a matter of
minutes.

The quick print tools is obsolete and it was already removed from the
development version of qgis.

Cheers

-- Giovanni --