[Qgis-user] Processing of Groundwater Databases with QGIS

Christine Schmidt c.schmidt at geoTguide.de
Wed May 25 17:19:52 PDT 2011

Hi Giovanni,

thanks for your hints !
Most of the mentioned methods I know more or less.
Important for the evaluation of an interpolation's reliability is a review
of the variogram and some statistical values. This should be also possible
in QGIS, as far as I could see until now - if not directly, then via R or a
GRASS plugin.

This would be more than I have now in a proprietary groundwater database
management system with integrated interpolation functionality. That's why I
am looking for an alternative processing option.

I am about to develop a subject for a master thesis in geoinformatics. First
of all I want to check what is present in the field in order to decide what
I can manage and contribute to proceed in this application field.

tanto gracie e saluti,
Christine