[Qgis-user] grass plug in makes Qgis crash

Martin Brandt martin.brandt at univie.ac.at
Sat May 28 02:37:59 PDT 2011

Dear list,

I'm working with Qgis and Grass on 2 computers without any problem. Now I
installed everything on my office pc, but somehow here I'm unable to use the
Grass plugin via Qgis. Everytime I open a new Raster via the plugin Qgis
crashes. It seems to be something like an access error when Qgis tries to
access the Grass database and that makes Qgis crash. Now I need the Grass
Plugin for my phd...

What am I doing wrong? It seems to be a computer specific problem or
conflict, but what kind of?

I'm using Ubuntu 10.10 and the software from the unstable GIS repository
(Qgis 1.6, Grass 641..)

Martin