[Qgis-user] Re: Swipe functionality

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Wed Nov 2 00:07:18 PDT 2011

 <jonathanmoules at ...> writes:

> Ah, these are multi-band images I'm using. The
> problem with QGIS relying on plugins is that you're also relying on the
> documentation for those plugins, and this one doesn't seem to have much
> for instance.Swipe basically allows you to "swipe"
> a raster layer off so you can compare it with what's below. Best described
> with a video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBl0eKPE37I- see from ~55
seconds.Cheers,Jonathan From:
>  Giovanni Manghi <giovanni.manghi at gmail.com>To:

Hi,

Seems to be the same functionality and with the same name as in ERDAS Imagine.
OSSIM can do it, see page 9 in this document
http://download.osgeo.org/ossim/docs/pdfs/ImageLinker_Tutorial.pdf
I am not sure how good OSSIM is with vector layers. OSSIM itself is getting
better with vectors but Image Linker is quite old and not developed any more.
However, it will not hurt to have a look at OSSIM if you want to do some serious
raster processing.

-Jukka Rahkonen-