[Qgis-user] graduated symbols for point layers

Sake Wagenaar sw1234 at planet.nl
Sat Nov 12 01:08:16 PST 2011

Hi Caroline,

If you use new symbology, the option to scale point symbols is hidden
under the button 'Advanced'. With 'Size scale field' you can select a
field. Next you have to change 'Size', to give the symbols the size you
want. If the values are large, and you use millimeters, the symbols get
much too large, even if you use the smallest possible value for Size
(0,01).  A better option is to use map units.

Sake Wagenaar