[Qgis-user] Error when reprojecting a raster in QGIS

Roderick Salisbury roderick.salisbury at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 09:26:23 PST 2011

Dear all,

I get an error when trying to warp a tif file in QGIS:

ERROR 1: Too many points (35721 out of 35721) failed to transform, unable
to compute output bounds.

I am using QGIS 1.7.0 Wroclaw with gdal 1.8. I am trying to warp from
ETRS89 to HD72 EOV. There was an error in the data, with the UTM zone added
to the eastings. That is, the x coordinates read 34327213.050 when they
should read 327213.050 in UTM zone 34N. I have tried changing the .tfw file
but this did not help. Then I translated the tif to a .vrt and edited the
vrt, removing the rogue 34, and fixing the extent. This also did not help -
I still get the same error when I try to warp from the vrt, or using a tif
translated form the new vrt. In layer properties, this new raster now has
the same origin, extent and SRS as other similar (no error) rasters, but
only this one gives the error.

How do I work this out? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Rod

--
Roderick B. Salisbury, PhD
School of Archaeology and Ancient History

Mobile: +44 (0)7530 561 622