[Qgis-user] No "Python Plugin Installer" plugin on my QGIS 1.3 (Mac OS 10.4)

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Nov 23 11:54:03 PST 2011

Tiger did not include a recent (at the time) Python, so QGIS 1.3 required a separate python.org Python 2.5 installation.  QGIS is tied to a specific version of Python because it includes its own Python interpreter.

Compiling python 2.5 from source might not work because your are not getting exactly what QGIS is expecting.  Try looking for an old installer package for Python 2.5.