[Qgis-user] resizing Layer Properties window

Christine Schmidt c.schmidt at geoTguide.de
Thu Nov 24 02:35:28 PST 2011

hi Terry,

yes I know this problem. Have it also in QGIS running on my tablet  field PC (Windows 7 Prof). The display of the device has only 7'', so I have to rotate it in order to save changes.

Similar thing  with the attribute table of a layer. Can't customize the size of the attribute table for my field device. Even if I there are only two columns, the table fills a great part of the screen because there seams to be a fixed minimum width (about 6+ columns).

regards, Christine

Betreff:  [Qgis-user] resizing Layer Properties window
Von:  ropework at shaw.ca
An:  qgis-user <qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org>
Datum:  23.11.11 03:31:54

Hello

 A problem with my netbook computer - if I open a layer properties box the lower part is off the screen with the result I am unable to save any changes

It isn't possible to re-size the box as the top drag bar doesn't work and the bottom one is off the screen, is it possible to edit the config file so it loads a reduced size box? ...or could someone fix the problem

 Interestingly things like the Add Vector Layer window can be re-sized with the top drag bar

With thanks, Terry

Ubuntu 11.04 (kernal Linux 2.6.38-12)
QGIS 1.7.2