[Qgis-user] Scale bar on degrees with project CRS on ED50 UTM31

Gerardo Jimenez gejst5 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 29 06:13:48 PST 2011

The same happened to me in a win stadnallone install on xp, vista and 7 and ubuntu. Main thing, scale bar seem not to work well on 1.72. Nevertheless, I check if I coul use the measure tool and make a reprojection of som layers in UTM wgs84  14N and both procedures work ok. Then, Qgis recognizes my  CRS, but the scale bar does not work. I get around this by getting rid off the scale bar. Not a total solution but it works. and the only thing is to get use to work without the scale bar in the data frame.

Hope it helps

Gerardo Jiménez Delgado
Instituto de Investigaciones Antropológicas
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
Ciudad Universitaria s/n
Coyoacan 04510
Mexico City