[Qgis-user] Cannot add sqlite/spatialite layers to qgis (they come in as tables)

Donovan Cameron sault.don at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 11:11:26 PST 2012

Thanks alex, that's definitely helpful.
I tried to install pyspatialite with easy_install and it tries to grab
"Best match: pyspatialite 3.0.1" which fails with a lot of errors...

I can run through the tutorials from the spatialite page and this is the
initial output, telling me I am using spatialite 4:
SpatiaLite version ..: 4.0.0    Supported Extensions:
        - 'VirtualShape'        [direct Shapefile access]
        - 'VirtualDbf'          [direct DBF access]
        - 'VirtualXL'           [direct XLS access]
        - 'VirtualText'         [direct CSV/TXT access]
        - 'VirtualNetwork'      [Dijkstra shortest path]
        - 'RTree'               [Spatial Index - R*Tree]
        - 'MbrCache'            [Spatial Index - MBR cache]
        - 'VirtualSpatialIndex' [R*Tree metahandler]
        - 'VirtualFDO'          [FDO-OGR interoperability]
        - 'SpatiaLite'          [Spatial SQL - OGC]
PROJ.4 version ......: Rel. 4.8.0, 6 March 2012
GEOS version ........: 3.3.6-CAPI-1.7.6
SQLite version ......: 3.7.12.1

I only installed QGIS from the GEO openSUSE repo.
I wonder if this is a dependency issue for the package maintainers?

I have a freshly installed 12.2 KDE on a laptop and that also shows the
same output from above when creating a new sqlite db from spatialite.