[Qgis-user] Sextante tool box problems

Nick Hopton nhopton at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 11:48:37 PST 2012

Victor Olaya-3 wrote
> That message is not the problem with the buffer, it is another
> problem. You have a model that includes a SAGA algorithm (it is an
> example model), and you probably do not have SAGA installed so it
> complains and it writes it to the log.
>
> You problem description  should be in the SEXTANTE log, but in the
> info branch, tagged as "GRASS console output". That's where you can
> find why your buffer it is not working

Thanks for the response Victor. I didn't think I needed SAGA to be installed
to run GRASS functions from the Sextante tool box. In fact I'm pretty sure
that until a few days ago GRASS functions did run from the tool box without
SAGA installed. Anyway, I've installed SAGA, enabled it in the Sextante tool
box and the GRASS functions still don't work. Which has left me puzzled.

I don't have anything in the log tagged "Grass console output". I've just
tried using grass.v.parallel which failed with the same message as before.
The only thing written to the log file was under "Algorithm":

sextante.runalg("grass:v.parallel","/home/nick/beenham/walk_maps/long.shp",20,20,0,2,1,False,False,"458542.246135,459826.641395,168788.919831,170532.062032",0,None)

Nick.