[Qgis-user] trimming unwanted areas

Chuck Young wylie1066 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 06:51:37 PST 2012

I have  MfrSID raster layer and two Tiger file vector layers. The image
file is for the north half of the county and the vector files (roads and
water) cover the entire county.  I have imported them all  into the
SpatiaLite database.  What I need to do is trim off  the data that is
outside the area I need to work with.  Is there a method to select the area
I want to keep or the area I want to delete, and remove the unwanted
portions.  I know I can go to each entity and break it and delete the
portion that is not needed but there are thousands of entities and this
would take a lot of time.

Thanks!

Chuck