[Qgis-user] Updating a table

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Tue Feb 14 23:24:45 PST 2012

On 02/14/2012 11:00 PM, Brett Adams wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I've a bunch of points loaded in from a CSV file.
>
> I then deleted a few, and moved some others.   Saved the edit.
>
> When I export the points the deleted points have gone but the moved
> points remain the original position, not the new position.
>
> How do I update the table to retain the new coords?
>
> Thanks in advance

Generally after import from csv you'll want to save the data into a
spatial format (e.g. gml, shp or kml), just right click on the layer
name and Save As... Once you've done that you can expect that edits
should stick.

It sounds like you hit an unexpected behavior in csv handling and we'll
need to look in the tickets to see if someone has reported this before
or if it can be fixed other than the work-around I mentioned above.

Thanks,
Alex