[Qgis-user] Database Manager and service configuration

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Feb 16 08:59:44 PST 2012

Hi Giuseppe,

Thanks a lot - it works with service name now!

I have two more issues:

1.
One issue I have is that opening db-manager takes 1-2 minutes (on a
rather fast machine). Why is it taking so long to open the connnection?
In main QGIS the connection opens quickly. My db has hundreds of spatial
tables and views in about 50 schemas. Is it scanning all schemas and
tables at the initial connection?

2.
I get an error message after the connection:
-------------------
Error:
database "an" does not exist
Query:
SELECT has_database_privilege('an', 'CREATE'),
has_database_privilege('an', 'TEMP')
-------------------

Why is it looking for a database named after the user connecting to the db?

My connection info is:
-----------------
Name: Uster
Service: pg_uster