[Qgis-user] Database Manager and service configuration

Giuseppe Sucameli sucameli at faunalia.it
Sat Feb 18 07:51:38 PST 2012

Hi Andreas,

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 5:59 PM, Andreas Neumann <a.neumann at carto.net> wrote:
> 1.
> One issue I have is that opening db-manager takes 1-2 minutes (on a
> rather fast machine). Why is it taking so long to open the connnection?
> In main QGIS the connection opens quickly. My db has hundreds of spatial
> tables and views in about 50 schemas. Is it scanning all schemas and
> tables at the initial connection?

I'm noticing the same, it's slow when the db has a lot of tables.
I'm going deep inside the problem, I hope to fix it soon.

> 2.
> I get an error message after the connection:
> -------------------
> Error:
> database "an" does not exist
> Query:
> SELECT has_database_privilege('an', 'CREATE'),
> has_database_privilege('an', 'TEMP')
> -------------------
>
> Why is it looking for a database named after the user connecting to the db?

Because DBManager is trying to display information about the database
(permissions), but you have no dbname as you're using a service to
connect to it.

Tickets opened for both the problems ([1] and [2]),
Regards.

[1] http://hub.qgis.org/issues/5044
[2] http://hub.qgis.org/issues/5045

--