[Qgis-user] Importing csv with UTM coordinates and zoning

Rainer M Krug r.m.krug at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 05:26:11 PST 2012

On 11/01/12 14:13, Frederick Löbig wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have to import a csv containing a lot of coordinates which look
> like this:
>
> 51 20.930 N 	01 26.290 E
>

> sure thing, these are UTM coordinates. However, when I use the
> "import text file as layer" tool, I have to define the right srs
> first. For example, when I have a list of DHDN GK3 coordinates, I
> set this up as the project's srs and define the layers srs to match
> the source system from the coordinates in the csv. But, As you can
> see, these coordiantes have the band-number in front of the
> coordinate, so I don't know what I should the projects srs to. Is
> it even possible to import a csv which containes coordinates in
> this format?

Don't know (and don't think so) - but you could always split the csv
file, so that each resulting csv file is only one band, and then
import them separately.

Depending on what you want to do, you can then re-project them into a
common coordinate system.

Rainer

> Thanks in advance. Freddy
>

> **B.Eng. Frederick Löbig* Röderichstraße 59 60489 Frankfurt am
> Main --- E:: Frederick.Loebig at grunsnid.de
> <mailto:Frederick.Loebig at grunsnid.de> P: +49 (0) 69 - 78 99 52 41
> M: +49 (0) 174 - 70 89 296 --- *Office:* *euNetworks GmbH*
> Ludwig-Landmann-Straße 405 60486 Frankfurt am Main P: +49 (0) 69 -
> 90 554 - 534 E: Frederick.Loebig at eunetworks.com
> <mailto:Frederick.Loebig at eunetworks.com> S: floebig
>
> This email and any attachments may contain confidential and/or
> legally privileged information. If you are not the intended
> recipient, please delete the email without reading it and notify
> the sender. *

- --
Biology, UCT), Dipl. Phys. (Germany)

Stellenbosch University