[Qgis-user] Slope and area/length calculations with Geographic CRS

Gerardo Jimenez gejst5 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 11 08:13:38 PST 2012

Try working with specific value for the latitude you are working. Check this

http://www.csgnetwork.com/degreelenllavcalc.html

As I understand Gdal uses the lenght of a degree of latitude in meters of feet, so this can help to solve the problem.

Gerardo Jiménez Delgado
Instituto de Investigaciones Antropológicas
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
Ciudad Universitaria s/n
Coyoacan 04510
Mexico City