[Qgis-user] Importing csv with UTM coordinates and zoning

Carlos Grohmann carlos.grohmann at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 09:13:30 PST 2012

Frederik,

I might be a little late in this topic, but are you sure these are UTM
coordinates?

They seem like lat-long to me, like: 51 degrees 20.930 minutes NORTH, 01
degrees 26.290 minutes EAST.

best

Carlos

2012/1/11 Frederick Löbig <frederick.loebig at live.de>

>  Hi all,
>
> I have to import a csv containing a lot of coordinates which look like
> this:
>
>   51 20.930 N 01 26.290 E
> sure thing, these are UTM coordinates. However, when I use the "import
> text file as layer" tool, I have to define the right srs first. For
> example, when I have a list of DHDN GK3 coordinates, I set this up as the
> project's srs and define the layers srs to match the source system from the
> coordinates in the csv. But, As you can see, these coordiantes have the
> band-number in front of the coordinate, so I don't know what I should the
> projects srs to. Is it even possible to import a csv which containes
> coordinates in this format?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Freddy
>

> *B.Eng. Frederick Löbig
> Röderichstraße 59
> 60489 Frankfurt am Main
> ---
> E:: Frederick.Loebig at grunsnid.de
> P: +49 (0) 69 - 78 99 52 41
> M: +49 (0) 174 - 70 89 296
> ---
> Office:
> euNetworks GmbH
> Ludwig-Landmann-Straße 405
> 60486 Frankfurt am Main
> P: +49 (0) 69 - 90 554 - 534
> E: Frederick.Loebig at eunetworks.com
> S: floebig
>
> This email and any attachments may contain confidential and/or legally
> privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please
> delete the email without reading it and notify the sender.
> *

Prof. Carlos Henrique Grohmann - Geologist D.Sc.
Institute of Geosciences - Univ. of São Paulo, Brazil
---
http://www.igc.usp.br/pessoais/guano
http://digitalelevation.wordpress.com/
http://lattes.cnpq.br/5846052449613692 (CV)