[Qgis-user] Re: [Qgis-developer] knock knock - 1.7.4 is outside

Werner Macho werner.macho at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 11:26:35 PST 2012

Hi Agus!

On Sun, 2012-01-29 at 18:29 +0100, Agustin Lobo wrote:

> at least write a list of the most important "Known Problems". Perhaps
> we can do it for 1.7.4,
> once the binaries are released,  as a first experiment. Afterwards we
> can decide on more formal and organized ways
> of doing this. By now the idea would be that each tester would test
> those tools that he/she uses the most and/or are most critical
> for his work.

Thanks for offering your help I really appreciate it and I am
overwhelmed by the amount of people trying to help to establish a stable
(let's say "not such at the bleeding edge") QGIS.
The Idea of testing 1.7.4 after the full release will definitely help to
find more bugs! I am sure it will be useable for a possible 1.7.5 or
1.8 ..

> We would need a page in the wiki to make a list of the tests that each
> user is able to do, and the the results. After a week or so we
> could summarize a text to be distributed in the Download page.
> Is this possible?

As long as all found bugs are reported in the bugtracker (and reported
correctly with affected version and target version) it should be more or
less easy to write such a file..
Feel free to create such a wiki page and I will surely upload the
summarized text to the Download page connected to the affected version.
I'll expect having a 1.7.4 released in about 3 weeks ..

It seems that there is some space for a "stable" release for people not
wanting to dance on the bleeding edge ;)
I cannot promise to make the 1.7.x releases more "stable" but at least
they will have a lot of fixes and improvements..

So thanks again for offering your help - I hope we can somehow establish
that "more formal and organized way" to provide the releases..

kind regards
Werner