[Qgis-user] Converting CSV into a database

pcreso at pcreso.com pcreso at pcreso.com
Mon Jan 30 09:52:35 PST 2012

I suggest you use QGIS as a WMS server, or use the "export Mapserver" plugin & use Mapserver to create an interactive web page with your comtent. A fully interactive website is perhaps the best way to demonstrate the functionality.

I have also created a Linux Live DVD with QGIS, the required data and a suitable project set up. This provides a bootable DVD from which users can boot directly into a QGIS application on any standard PC, without interfering with the current PC setup. A very elegant way of doing what you suggest. This is also now apparently possible with Windows: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-create-your-own-custom-windows-live-cd/

Cheers,

   Brent Wood