[Qgis-user] Publishing my map

Gerhardus Geldenhuis gerhardus.geldenhuis at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 11:22:40 PST 2012

Thanks,
That looks excellent and is pretty much what I had hoped for. Thank you for
all the suggestions. All solutions will require some technical know how so
I might as well bite the bullet somewhere. I also think that I would get
less resistance from academics if I can point them to a url. Then if it
does not work I can blame the browser and they don't have to install
anything.

Regards

On 30 January 2012 19:12, Andreas Neumann <a.neumann at carto.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would suggest to use QGIS Server and QGIS webclient for this purpose.
> Makes sense if you already have a configured QGIS project.
>
> It would allow you to navigate, print parts of the map and display
> attribute data. Users can also toggle map layers.
>
> See http://gis.uster.ch/ for examples.
>
> Andreas
>

> On 01/30/2012 06:11 PM, Gerhardus Geldenhuis wrote:
> > Hi
> > As part of my Geology thesis I need to present a map for which I have
> used
> > QGIS to produce the map. However the printed map contains a lot less
> > information because of space constraints. There is two options as far as
> > can see for making the digital map available to my lecturers for marking.
> > One is via the viewer and the second via a custom web page. I were unable
> > to see a working demo of the web based map. The only functionality I
> > require is for people to be able to view the map turn on and off layers
> and
> > zoom in/out. Based on this requirements does anyone have any alternative
> > suggestions maybe a very large svg copy?, or any tips/tricks? Also a
> > working link to a online map would be appreciated if anyone could share
> > that.
> >
> > Best Regards

Gerhardus Geldenhuis