[Qgis-user] [PROPOSAL] From srs.db to file-based CRS storage

David Fawcett david.fawcett at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 13:00:15 PST 2012

If you wanted a true text file storage format, you could look at
proj.4.  http://trac.osgeo.org/proj/

I know that MapServer, PostGIS, Grass, OGR, and other projects use it.
 I don't know if the proj.4 data file would be useful to the
projection engine used by QGIS or not.

Maybe the real issue isn't the storage format, but instead, tools to
add (or remove) new spatial reference system definitions.

David.