[Qgis-user] 'gdawarp' causing shift and other questions

Tilottama Ghosh waggymaggy at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 03:04:51 PST 2012

Hi,

Thanks for your responses. I checked and my shapefile and tiff file are in
the same projection. The ticket posted by Etienne showed that this problem
of gdalwarp has been reported before. This is what was mentioned in  ticket
#3947 and I tried it.

"I should add that not adding -crop_to_cutline results in no shift.
Commands I ran:

(1) gdalwarp -cutline cluj_co.shp -crop_to_cutline sample.tif cropped.tif

result is shifted

(2) gdalwarp -cutline cluj_co.shp sample.tif out.tif

result is not shifted"

However, although using only -cutline places the carved out raster from the
bigger raster correctly (without shifting it 500m), it does not reduce the
size of the whole image (in the sense, it gives 0 values everyhwere outside
the state but still has all those 3399 columns and 3747 rows. This defeats
the purpose of my whole exercise of trying to carve ot only a portion of
the raster on the basis of the state shapefile. gdal2xyz generates the csv
file, but excel fails to open all the rows!

Any suggestions, again?

Thanks,

Tilo