[Qgis-user] Resetting the extent of a shapefile

magerlin MAP at ramboll.dk
Tue Jan 31 03:17:11 PST 2012

I have deleted large geographical parts of a shape file because I only needed
a very little part of it.

But using "Zoom to layer extent" still zoom to the extent of the original
shape file.

I have tried to re-save the file using save-as, specifying CRS etc. but no
change.

In "Layer properties, Metadata" I can read:

/Extents:
In layer spatial reference system units : xMin,yMin 622219.27,1154061.75 :
xMax,yMax 643120.73,1204120.54/

Where are these data stored and how do I update it?