[Qgis-user] Re: PyQgis MapServer Export with Mapserver 6.0.1

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Tue Jan 31 04:12:54 PST 2012

On 01/31/2012 12:30 PM, Jukka Rahkonen wrote:
> That mapfile has quite a lot to correct. Two things I noticed first is that
> nowadays OGC services do not work at all by default. They must be explicitly
> activated in the MAP level METADATA with something like  "ows_enable_request"
> "*"  which activates everything. Templates must also exist and they must start
> with a magic string. Read the Mapserver migration guide
> http://mapserver.org/trunk/MIGRATION_GUIDE.html
>
> The Mapserver export plugin seems to make so bad mapfiles for the current
> Mapserver version that it would perhaps be better to remove the plugin if nobody
> has time and interest for correcting it. I do not believe it has worked well
> since Mapserver 5.2.

Hi Jukka,

I'm willing to invest some time in it, if others provide me with some
input for the things to change (like you did: add 'ows_enable_request *'
in all metainfo).

A reason for not so much activity in the plugin, is (I think) also the
fact that it is currently only working good for old symbology.
I'm not sure how much effort it will be and/or if it is feasible to
include the more complicated 'new symbology' in it...

Regards,

Richard