[Qgis-user] Homebrew formula for QGIS

Niekas github at lifepillar.com
Tue Jun 5 13:48:09 PDT 2012

In article
<CAJJdVGdFrs5OA_raKMVQEo012CPkowKAWerFNCxvD2Zgrh1Bkg at mail.gmail.com>,
 Gis Mage <gismage at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a homebrew formula for latest qgis?

Now there is :) Not in Homebrew yet, but you can install QGIS 1.7.4 with:

brew update
brew install https://raw.github.com/lifepillar/homebrew-versions/qwt52/qwt52.rb
https://github.com/lifepillar/homebrew/raw/qgis/Library/Formula/qgis.rb
--use-llvm

I have noticed that qt does not link properly: if you get an error, try

brew link qt

and repeat the above commands.

The formula fails to build with Clang: you need --use-llvm (I haven't tried with
--use-gcc). Is QGIS tested with Clang?

There is little chance that the formula will be accepted into Homebrew as it
stands, because (a) it's a GUI app, and (b) it currently has a dependency
outside Homebrew. But if you provide enough positive feedback, maybe they will
accept it (for qwt52, I have submitted a pull request to homebrew-versions). If
you know how to build QGIS against qwt 6.x.x, or you have any other suggestion
to improve the formula, let me know, possibly via GitHub.

Have spatial fun!
Niekas