[Qgis-user] mdb and QGIS in Ubuntu 12.04 with UbuntuGis

Jesús Francisco jgomo3 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 15:08:43 PDT 2012

I answered nikos's question but then realized that it was only to him,
so i'll replicate what i write. Note: i think the list should be
configured so the messages go with the "answer to" option asigned to
the list and not to the remitter.

2012/6/5 nikos ves <vesnikos at gmail.com>:
> Hey Jesus,

Hello Nick

> When you say " The point is that there is people able to work with QGIS
> in Ubuntu and .mdb files " what do you mean?
>
> You can't open the files? Qgis doesn't recognize them?
> Can you be more specific on what seems to be the problem?

Right. First, i'm not really clear my self, so let me complement my
question: how are .mdb files used in qgis and a SIG in general.

I have a .mdb file and i'm supossed to open it and it should have
vector layers. I tried in QGIS with "add a vector layer" -> "file" ->
"and select the .mdb file.

What happen is an error message: "the .mdb file is not a valid data origin"