[Qgis-user] FW: Problem with Ubuntu 12

Dennis M. Linton dennis at dmlinton.net
Thu Jun 14 07:50:13 PDT 2012

Experts answer questions as if the one posing the question already knows
the answer, i.e., is another expert.

Unity is replaces the Gnome Desktop on Ubuntu. Kubuntu uses the KDE
desktop which, so far as I know, Unity is unrelated to.

Unity is a nightmare for people interested in production and moved me to
abandon Ubuntu in favour of Debian Stable (currently Squeeze).  QGIS,
1.74 anyhow, works very nicely on it.

Bottom line, if not using Ubuntu, issues about Unity can be ignored.

- Dennis