[Qgis-user] FW: Problem with Ubuntu 12

Etienne Tourigny etourigny.dev at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 09:56:08 PDT 2012

Are there really that many bugs when using unity?

A quick search in the tracker (unity / ubuntu) gave me this

http://hub.qgis.org/issues/4434 - "project properties" and menu icons
missing from QGIS when using UNITY Desktop Manager
http://hub.qgis.org/issues/5169 - QGIS crashes on startup on 64 bit
Ubuntu - this one is closed but may not be fully resolved
http://hub.qgis.org/issues/4027 - Icon missing in the menu when using
ubuntu since 2009 - closed as invalid, because it's a unity/qt problem
http://hub.qgis.org/issues/4463 - Missing Large Icon in Ubuntu Package

Plus the problem that started this thread...
with this solution - "At first it does not display nothing, unless you
reclick on the qgis button"

So it seems - unless I am mistaken - that there are not that many
problems with Unity and assuming nothing breaks in the future, if
these are resolved then it would be ok.

Perhaps we should add a mention of poor Unity support in the "known issues"?

Etienne