[Qgis-user] QGIS Android Device

Lenny Sorey lsorey at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 04:36:59 PDT 2012

Hello All,

Just wanted say a big thanks to Marco. for his Android creation .

I tested yesterday (Sunday June 17th) on my ASUS TFT 300 (ice cream 4.0.3)
and I can happily say that everything described in the docs
works very well.

The resolution on the screen was very good.

I was able to test the GPS tools with the qgis-master-alpha7.apk
and the most recent qgis-nightly.apk.

I was able to capture GPS data while walking around my front yard and a
ways
down the street.

One thing that I could not do as in Marco's GPS Tools video was to actually
see my route
plotted out as in Marco's video. Must have missed something in the setup of
GPS Tools.

I am planning on testing again with a WAAS enabled USB tethered GPS device
to see if I can capture
more GPS data.

One thing I could not find anywhere was the NMEA log I attempted to save
while testing.

Looked all over the file system in my ASUS TFT 300 and never could find the
NMEA log file.

Has anyone been successful in finding the log file yet?

With all said above, I am very excited about the possibilities the QGIS
Android App offers.

Hopefully as the app matures somehow RTK GPS correction can be applied to
the GPS Tool Plugin.

I would love to continue to be a tester for this app as I can tether my
android phone via Bluetooth Hotspot
to have internet connectivity.

Keep up the great work Marco. Please let me know how I can help.

Regards,

Lenny Sorey