[Qgis-user] [Qgis-community-team] manual conversion / update / translation process

Paolo Corti pcorti at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 05:17:23 PDT 2012

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 11:05 AM, Otto Dassau <dassau at gbd-consult.de> wrote:
> Dear Documentation writers and translators,
>
> we are happy to see that so many people are interested to translate the
> documentation with the new tools. But the main task we currently have to
> work on before any translation really makes sense is to finish the
> conversion of the documentation from latex to rst and to update the rst
> files to the new QGIS 1.8.
>
> For that reason Paolo and I decided to block the translation process for
> now. And we would like to encourage everybody to participate in the
> conversion and update process for now.
>
> The list of files, that have to be worked on are listet here:
> http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/LaTeX_to_RST_migration
>
> After we finished the conversion, we will set up a list for the manual
> updates in the wiki. And then we will announce that the translation can
> start. I hope you agree with us and as always, help is very
> much appreciated.
>
> Please write to the Qgis-community-team mailing list, if you have some time
> to help: http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-community-team

Hi all

I am going to remove the .po (and .pot) files from the git project in
a couple of days (let me know if more time is desirable).
I will try to keep the existing translations and port them back in the
future scenario, if the rst master document outline won't change too
much).

For this purpose I have seen that some of you has translated strings
by using the QGIS Translation Web Application without committing back
changes to git. Please commit your work if you want to keep in git.
For doing so, you need to go to the review page (for example, this
page [1] for the French translation effort), and click on the "Commit
to VCS" link for the page you want to commit (before doing that is
always better to click on the "Update from VCS" link). You will see
those links only if logged and with correct permissions.

[1] http://translate.qgis.org/fr/qgis-user-guide/review.html

--
Paolo Corti
Geospatial software developer