[Qgis-user] Invalid geometry

Sergio A Estay sergio.estay at uach.cl
Fri Jun 22 07:37:27 PDT 2012

Hi Everybody and Ramon,

 From the last actualization from QGIS 1.7.4 to 1.8.0 all my shp files
have "invalid geometry". For that reason now I can't make intersection
between vector layers. Previous to the actualization everything works
fine (using the same vector files).

As a polygons shp files I use this cover:

http://www.mappinghacks.com/data/TM_WORLD_BORDERS_SIMPL-0.2.zip

As a points vector layer I use the attached shp file.

If I try to make the intersection from Qgis/vectorial/geoprocess menu I
obtain "invalid geometry", but If I install the sextante python
complement, open the Toolbox and run intersection from the ftools
submenu everything is OK.

Any advice will be very useful

Thanks

Sergio