[Qgis-user] any ideas how to get data from attribute table out of qgis

custard custard at westnet.com.au
Sun Jun 24 19:09:05 PDT 2012

Hi,

I've managed to pull a 103965 item shape file out on XP using Layers -> Save as and selecting CSV, and leaving everything else as default (which ment create attributes was unchecked). However, I don't have any calculated fields in that file.

This was on an aged toughbook running xp and QGIS 1.7.0 standalone.

If you were going to try the command line approch, then in the start menu in the QGIS folders there should be either MSYS or OSGEO. Either of these will start a command line shell that will include the QGIS bin folders in the path. You should then be able to use the command that Lee suggested.
Note that the form Lee gave assumes you have changed directory (cd) to folder that contains the offending file.

-ramon.