[Qgis-user] Problem: Testing QGIS Web Client with VirtualBox

Dennis Ströer dennis.stroeer at geosysnet.de
Wed Jun 27 03:21:33 PDT 2012

Hello,

I set up a QGIS Web Client on a virtual machine. The OS on that machine
is Ubuntu server 10.4.2 lucid, the OS on my host system is Windows XP.

When I try to open the example helloworld on my host system with the
following url:

http://192.168.0.115/qgiswebclient.html?map=/home/web/qgis-web-client/projects/helloworld.qgs&format=image/png&visibleLayers=Hello,Country

Firebug shows the following error message:

"NetworkError: 403 Forbidden -
http://qgis-web-client.localhost/cgi-bin/qgis_mapserv.fcgi?map=/home/web/qgis-web-client/projects/helloworld.qgs&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.3&REQUEST=GetCapabilities&_dc=1340790673208&service=WMS&request=GetCapabilities"

The connection between both systems seems to run, because when I just
open http://192.168.0.115/  I can see the "QGIS Mapserver Default Client
Landing Page"...
I also checked the entries in qgis-web-client.conf and "Allow from all"
is indicated!

So what is the problem here?

Cheers,
D. Stroeer