[Qgis-user] On format and coordinate systems transformation

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Wed Jun 27 10:13:47 PDT 2012

Il 27/06/2012 19:04, Alex Mandel ha scritto:

> Thanks for the info I have heard great things about FME, but as a word
> of caution I have also heard of errors the occur only in FME with
> certain formats being unusable as the output (something related to
> postgis if I'm remembering correctly).

Moreover, AFAIK FME uses internally much the same libs as we do in QGIS, so its
advantages is unclear.
However, such announcements are inappropriate in this list.
More useful would be something specific, e.g. I did this transformation in QGIS and
in sw xxx, the results are different, I have reasons to believe QGIS is wrong because
etc.
All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia