[Qgis-user] failed to download package files

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Wed Jun 27 22:03:02 PDT 2012

On 06/27/2012 09:59 AM, Jake Maier wrote:
> Hi
>
> I did successfully install qgis 1.8 on my Win7 pc, but when I try to install
> it on my Ubuntu machine I get 'failed to download package files' even so I'm
> connected to the internet.
>
> I have 12.04 and used the software center to first uninstall 1.7.4 and then
> to install 1.8.
>
> Please what can I do to download the package files?
>
> Thanks for any help
>
> Jake

Sadly the software center isn't really geared towards power users so it
can be somewhat confusing to use that to the installs. I recommend
either Synaptic or command line. The proper commands are listed on the
download page.

http://hub.qgis.org/projects/quantum-gis/wiki/Download#262-With-updated-dependencies

Enjoy,
Alex

PS: We can easily help you with this on IRC too