[Qgis-user] QGIS - Mapinfo question

Bo Victor Thomsen bo.victor.thomsen at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 02:36:34 PDT 2012

Robert -

AFAIK you can't (directly) write/edit geometries in tab based layer in
QGIS.

However, you can create a new _shape_ layer, do the adding/editing in
this layer and then right-click the layer in the layer manager and
choose the "Save As" menu option. The "save as" dialogue gives you the
possibility to save the (shape) layer as a tab-file.

Another option is directly to send the shape file to your MapInfo user.
MapInfo can read and use shape files.

Regards
Bo Victor Thomsen
Aestas-GIS