[Qgis-user] point sampling tool on grass raster layers fails

Paulo van Breugel p.vanbreugel at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 04:46:43 PDT 2012

Hi

I want to sample raster values at point locations using the Point Sample
Tool.

This works when using e.g., a geoTif as raster layer. However, it does
not work when using a GRASS raster layer (via the GRASS toolbox). No
error message is given. A new column is created in the shapefile, but
without values.

Note that I can work with the GRASS raster layer otherwise (e.g.,
identify and terrain profile tools work fine)

I am working on QGIS master, Ubuntu 12.04

Rgds

Paulo