[Qgis-user] report from the field: qgis training

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 18:23:16 PST 2012

Dear everyone,

Here's another one of my field reports on the QGIS training we are
conducting here.

This time, we are providing GIS courses to Masters students.  I
believe this is one of the few masters program here in the Philippines
that is providing exclusively open source GIS course.  The students
are mostly local government personnel in remote towns.

First run of the course for basics of GIS was conducted last week.
Everything went very well and even those who have prior experience to
using proprietary GIS are impressed with the ease-of-use and
functionality of QGIS.

It is customary for me to document the experience of the students and
report them to QGIS in this list.  No crash this time just minor bugs.

Below are the filed tickets (bugs and enhancement):

 * Query failed if field value contains apostrophe
-http://hub.qgis.org/issues/2766
 * qgis install not completed when vcredist 2005 is running -
http://hub.qgis.org/issues/5111
 * Allow acquiring legend symbols from WMS (if available) using
GetLegendGraphic spec - http://hub.qgis.org/issues/5112

--
cheers,
maning