[Qgis-user] donut

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Sat Mar 17 18:53:38 PDT 2012

On 03/17/2012 02:40 PM, Jake Maier wrote:
> Can someone please help me with a donut?
>
> I just can't seem to find how to make a donut, possibly with a polygon in
> the same layer as the cut out.
>
> Thanks very much in advance.
>
> Jake

So if you have the layer open in Edit mode. There is an Add Ring tool,
it's in the Advanced Digitizing toolbar (if you don't have that one
open). This will allow you to cut a donut hole in an existing polygon.

I'm not sure how to do it with an existing shape, but I imagine if you
look into the snapping and tracing tools it might help.

Thanks,
Alex