[Qgis-user] Data capture in QGIS with offline PostGIS

Ivan Mincik ivan.mincik at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 01:20:44 PDT 2012

On 03/20/2012 06:58 AM, Nathan Woodrow wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm currently looking at building a data collection program based on QGIS.
> One of the requirements is that it must have an offline datastore with
> syncing to the server on demand/timed.
>
> I have tried the Offline editing plugin but it's not quite what I was
> looking for.  More looking for something that you press once and it syncs
> all the changes from upstream and downstream but leaves the project
> offline.  The offline plugin currently returns the project to a online
> state when used and recreates the database when going offline again.
>
> Does anyone know of anything I can use with PostGIS? I have been looking at
> Postgres replication but it's looking like a real pain in the neck to setup.

Hi Nathan,
when using PostgreSQL on both sides, I have found pg_comparator script
[1][2] as very handy tool to sync tables.

Do You have any idea how to handle concurent editing ?

[1] - http://pgfoundry.org/projects/pg-comparator/
[2] - http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=646131

--
Ivan Mincik