[Qgis-user] qgis on linuxmint?

Tue May 1 10:55:08 PDT 2012

Hello Agustin,

when your problem is just the desktop you should give KDE a serious try. Just
use Kubuntu instead of Ubuntu. the ubuntugis repository and everything else
still works fine and you got away from this unity thing.
KDE has gone a long way, KDE4.8 is rock stable now!
Of course you can still install all the GTK based programs and they integrate
well in the desktop. As far as I am informed, QGIS is based on the qt library
anyway (thats where the Q came from originally), which is also used for KDE.

And of course there is also Xubuntu and Lubuntu.
Just because you are not happy with Unity, no need for leaving ubuntu in
general.

But as somebody raised the question, I am also interested in Arch-Linux.
So I would also like to know how fast and easy all the GIS tools are
accessible

cheers
micha